Fashion or Style
Is it fashion or is it style? Fashion is the accessories or clothing that one wears, it can change frequently over time. Style is one's unique way of presenting the things one wears. It often develops and enhances over time. We can and should all aspire to great fashion with great style. No matter your age, devloping a personalized "look" is something everyone should aspire to. Its never too late or too early to explore and find what looks best on you to bring out your personal style.
Age Appropriate Body Appropriate
No matter what age or shape, you can change your whole perspective on how you look and feel. As part 1 of this series indicated, exercise is key and essential to body appropriate fashion and style. As age lines become blurred, 'getting it right' and 'looking your best' in your clothes is not so much a function of your age as it is of your height, weight, and shape. There are no set rules when it comes to fashion and style that work best for you. You don't need a walk in closet full of clothes to be fashionable. All you really need are basic staple pieces that you can mix and match, wear over and over, and dress up or down.
Ageless Tips for Style & Fashion
1. Keep your look chic and classy even when dressing casual.
2. Dress in a timeless way by investing in quality statement pieces of jewelry--remembering to keep accessories minimal
3. Pay special attention to personal grooming which will enhance your personal style.
4. Keep makeup natural with neutral colors during the day and use heavier makeup at night.
5. Edit your wardrobe at least every 2 months to ensure you are on trend with 10 really good pieces.
6. Shop for seasonal sales for bargains to see you through the next season.
7. Use a critical eye when following the newest trends by getting what looks good on you. If it doesn't feel/fit right then its probably not right for you.
Select fashions that will develop your personal style. Try different styles for different occasions. Example: fun and flirty for day, sexy and sophisticated for night, or bold and dramatic for those miscellaneous times. If you pay attention to what works for you and be disciplined about it you will be well on your way to being a fabulous, on-trend dresser with incredible style--at any age.
Article by Peggie Walker for Spa Week Daily
*photos courtesy of Spa Week Daily